- SUPERINTENDENT TRAINEE
A dynamic 10 year old small rapidly growing Company based in Houston – TX, is looking to hire a superintendent trainee. The trainee will work with the companies established crews throughout North and South America to decommission large substation transformers and power plant equipment.
Once trained, the position will transition into a full charged superintendent to manage the entire scope of our projects.
The company will pay all legal fees to sponsor the right candidate to legally work in the USA and to create a legal pathway towards permanent residency.
Our compensation package includes: housing, company vehicle, medical and dental insurance, a cell phone, as well as all work related travel expenses. A base salary will be provided during the training process and a raised base salary will be established once fully trained.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 4 years field experience in a major industrial plant. Electrical, petrochemical, and or oil.
- Education: Bachelor degree in engineering.
- Multilingual: Portuguese, Spanish and excellent command of English Managerial experience
- Managerial experience – good Leadership skills. Ability to communicate clear and precise instructions to our field crews, plant officials and management.
- Safety Certification: must have some safety certifications either in Brazil or the US.
- Equipment Management: Must be able to properly operate a forklift and power tools. Basic knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage. Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Good Health. The candidate must be fit and healthy in order to work in cold and hot weather. Energetic, positive personality and the willingness to “get your hands dirty”.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Honest and reliable.
Applicants must pass a drug screen and backgrounds check & are subject to random drug screening.
Due to our client’s strict criminal background policies, applicant may not have any felony offense.
Once trained, work duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervise & work with our skilled labor crew for disassembly of large power transformers & misc. electrical equipment throughout North & S. America, & load out of all disassembled parts.
- Maintaining a safe work and productive work environment. (Includes JSA – Job Safety Analysis).
- Maintain compliance with safety & environmental requirements & regulations at each work site.
- Preparation, planning & scheduling of daily tasks for our crew during off site projects.
- Accounting for all equipment and tools to be in good working order & ordering necessary supplies / tools in a timely manner.
Primarily off site projects requiring extensive travel. When no off site projects, work will resume at our Houston, TX headquarters.
Opportunity to grow with a dynamic company, gain employment in the US and increase your salary as your responsibilities and performance develops.
If interested, please email your resume for consideration to: email@example.com