Top 15 Things to Do in Houston: January 2016
The new year brings countless new events to Houston.
We hope that 2016 is full of delicious food, raging concerts, delightful shows, charitable benefits, action-packed games, and all-around entertaining events.
- Galveston Restaurant Week | Saturday, January 9 to Saturday, January 23 – Go down island and order off special prix fixe menus at participating restaurants during the annual Galveston Restaurant Week to support the Galveston County Food Bank.
- Madonna in Concert at Toyota Center | Tuesday, January 12 – Don’t miss your chance to see legendary performer Madonna during her Rebel Heart Tour – which only has two scheduled shows in Texas – at Toyota Center.
- Portraits of Brazilian Music – A journey through the finest Brazilian chamber songs | Thursday, January 14 – The Recital is a panorama of Brazilian chamber songs from Pre-Nationalism until today, with compositions of Lorenzo Fernandez, Villa-Lobos, Marlos Nobre, Claudio Santoro, Antonio Carlos Jobim among others.
- Yaga Chili Quest & Beer Fest 2016 in Galveston | Saturday, January 16 – The annual festival hosted by Yaga’s Café in Galveston is back again for a day full of chili sampling and beer tasting.
- Urban Harvest’s 16th Annual Fruit Tree Sale at Rice University | Saturday, January 16 – Pick out temperate, tropical and/or citrus fruit trees from an extensive selection during the 16th Annual Fruit Tree Sale hosted by Urban Harvest.
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis in Concert at Revention Music Center | Saturday, January 16 – Belt out the words to “Downtown” when you see the American hip hop duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis live at Revention Music Center.
- Chevron Houston Marathon in Downtown | Sunday, January 17 – Run, volunteer or simply show up to support runners during the Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon that winds through Houston, beginning and ending in Downtown.
- Margarita Madness at HCCC | Thursday, January 21 – The Houston Center for Contemporary Craft is celebrating 15 years with a Quinceañera. Enjoy bottomless margaritas, Latin American food, a silent auction, live music and more during this festive celebration.
- Rainbow on Ice at Discovery Green | Friday, January 22 | FREE to Attend – This annual family-friendly LGBT celebration brings electrifying performances and entertainment to The Ice at Discovery Green.
- BodyTraffic Dance Company at Wortham Center | Saturday, January 23 – Don’t miss your chance to see the highly acclaimed, Los Angeles-based contemporary dance company Bodytraffic live at the Wortham Center.
- Mardi Gras Parties in Galveston | Starts Friday, January 29 – Let the good times roll while celebrating Mardi Gras at dinners, parties, parades and more around Galveston.
- Choco Loco 5k in Uptown Park | Saturday, January 30 – Race through Uptown Park in a 5k or 10k (there’s also a 1k run for the kiddos) and you’ll be treated to lots of chocolate. The post race party includes a chocolate fountain, live music and other goodies from local vendors.
- The Harlem Globetrotters at NRG Stadium | Saturday, January 30 and Sunday, January 31 – The Harlem Globetrotters are heading back to Houston where they’ll be performing a hilarious show full of tricks as part of their 90th Anniversary World Tour.
- 9th Annual One Pot Showdown at Saint Arnold | Sunday, January 31 – See what teams come up with when they’re challenged to a one pot cook off using Saint Arnold beers. This delicious fundraiser benefits Kids’ Meals.
Fonte: 365 Things to Do in Houston